Welcome to our user guide on clearing browser caches. This is written with the goal of ensuring that your Reporting Portal and Web Phone work as it should after upgrading.
A few things before we proceed:
- Nautilus runs on Google Chrome and Firefox.
- Please DO NOT launch the Webphone until you have cleared the Browser caches on Nautilus Portal. If you have launched the Web Phone before clearing the cache, you have to clear the cache on Web Phone separately.
- To hard refresh the browser – window PC (Ctrl + F5), MacBook (Command + R)
If refreshing the page doesn’t work, users will see old settings still in place, some reports aren't reflecting accurate data, and launching the web phone fails. If this is the case, follow the steps below to manually clear cache on your browser.
On Google Chrome
1. On your Portal's Dashboard, right click and select "Inspect" from the small pop-up window.
2. From the next window, select "Network" and tick on "Disable cache"
3. Reload the Portal Page.
4. Tick on "Disable cache" box again.
5. Close the Inspect page by pressing the "X" on the top-right section of this pop-up window.
6. Refresh the page one more time to finalize changes.
1. Open the browser.
2. Select the browser menu located on the top right section.
3. Select "Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
4. Click on "Privacy & Security"
5. Under "Cookies and Site Data", click on "Clear Data."
6. From the Clear Data pop-up window, select "Cached Web Content" and press "Clear"
7. Refresh page to finalize changes.